Pre-order Gimme Danger, the new Iggy and the Stooges documentary by director Jim Jarmusch! The film will be available on DVD and digital in January.
A very Limited Edition of TOTAL CHAOS: The Story of The Stooges / As Told By Iggy Pop will be available in early December through Third Man. The Limited Edition will be signed by Iggy Pop, include a 7” of Iggy Pop’s pre-Stooges group The Prime Movers, plus three posters. Price will be $250. This item can not be pre-ordered. Third Man will be announcing the Limited Edition to Vault members first.
Learn more about the book at Third Man.
In 2016 alone, Iggy Pop released a gem of an album, Post Pop Depression; toured with a band led by that album’s producer Josh Homme, released as a live album and concert film, Post Pop Depression Live at the Royal Albert Hall; logged another tour featuring his usual touring band; and still found time to help put the finishing touches on Jim Jarmusch’s Gimme Danger, a documentary about his groundbreaking band the Stooges, and contribute to a fantastic new book about the proto-punk legends, Total Chaos: The Story of the Stooges, out this week.
“I’m kinda in the final stages of completing my responsibility to the past, but also the future of the group, because the group sells tickets,” Pop says, referring the warm reception Gimme Danger has received from fans. “We’re selling tickets this week, the group is selling records. The group is seen, the group is heard, the group is talked about.”
Read more at Esquire.
Photo by Todd Williamson
You and your band, the Stooges, are the subjects of a new Jim Jarmusch documentary, Gimme Danger, and a new book, Total Chaos. Is it a coincidence that these two major retrospectives would happen at once?
I would call it karmic. I asked Jim seven or eight years ago if he would make a movie about the Stooges. The idea was to do something surprising with it, and I was surprised when I first saw it. Imagine my horror when the film starts out and we’re all living with our mothers.
Read more at The New York Times.
Photo by Josh Ritchie for The New York Times
- Iggy And The Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ Hits More Theaters – November 4, 2016
- Watch Iggy Pop & Jim Jarmusch TimesTalks Interview – November 3, 2016
- Iggy Pop & Jim Jarmusch Talk Gimme Danger – VICE – November 3, 2016
- Iggy Pop & Jim Jarmusch On ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary – Rolling Stone – October 17, 2016
- Watch: Iggy And The Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary Trailer – September 29, 2016
- TimesTalks: See Iggy Pop & Jim Jarmusch October 27 – September 28, 2016
- Iggy And The Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ In Theaters October 28 – September 20, 2016
- Watch Scene From New Iggy And The Stooges Documentary ‘Gimme Danger’ – September 13, 2016
- Iggy And The Stooges Documentary To Make U.S. Festival Premiere – August 24, 2016
- ‘Gimme Danger’ To Screen At Miami Film Festival GEMS Showcase – August 23, 2016
- ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary To Screen At Toronto & Austin Film Festivals – August 11, 2016
- Tune In: ‘Gimme Danger’ Press Conference At Cannes – May 19, 2016
- Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary To Premiere In Sydney, Deals Set For 8 Countries – May 16, 2016
- Iggy And The Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary To Premiere In Cannes – April 15, 2016
- SF Weekly Publishes More From Its Interview With Iggy Pop – December 8, 2011
- Jim Jarmusch Promises Ambitious Stooges Doc – September 9, 2010
Gimme Danger, the new Iggy and the Stooges documentary by director Jim Jarmusch, hits more theaters TODAY, November 4: bit.ly/GDTix_FB. Iggy Pop and Jarmusch spoke recently with Billboard about the film:
Iggy, you asked Jim to make this film. Why him?
Jim Jarmusch: That’s what I keep asking him!
Iggy Pop: If I could get him to do it, he was going to bring out important and beautiful things about us that we in the group wouldn’t have ever thought of — we have the wrong perspective. We needed someone with intelligence and skill who also knew the group and came to the shows — that’s who Jim is. He’s a final-cut director, he controls his own work, and that’s now really rare. My tactic was ask him once, not try to convince him. I wasn’t going to write an email with “10 reasons why.” (Laughs.)
Read more at Billboard.
In the new documentary film Gimme Danger, director Jim Jarmusch chronicles the story of one of the greatest rock–n–roll bands of all time — The Stooges. Watch the award–winning indie director and rock icon Iggy Pop talk about the film, and discover the story of The Stooges, their adventures and misadventures and their long–lasting legacy. Interviewed by The New York Times culture reporter Melena Ryzik.