Iggy Pop on ABC NEWS NIGHTLINE
Iggy Pop sat down with “Nightline” at theWhisky Blue Bar in New York City to talk about the artists that influenced him.
eMusic Q&A: The Stooges’ James Williamson
Check out the eMusic Q&A: The Stooges’ James Williamson below:
Ten Reasons You Should Be Listening To Iggy & The Stooges
by Rob O’Connor in Yahoo Music Blog’s List Of The Day
One of the all-time classic rock albums–Raw Power by Iggy and the Stooges–is being reissued this week with bonus tracks, a live show from Richards in Atlanta, October 1973. For those holding out and splurging for the Deluxe Edition, you’ll get a 4-disc package, including a DVD of the Making of the Record, with a special 48-page softcover book with an essay by Henry Rollins and testimonials from Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Tom Morello and others explaining how you, too, can lose lose weight listening to this fine album.
Here’s my simple 10-step reasoning why you should be listening to this album today.
3 500 people watched the return of Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Quimper
It was their first of four dates in France last night. The explosive Iggy Pop and the Stooges made a bright and noisy comeback in Quimper, yesterday. At the expo park, the iguana has ignited the festival audience, come mostly for him. In their forties and looking forward to see or review the idol of their youth. But also very young, who at 15 years, know by heart the lyrics of the Stooges. Surprising!
At age 63, the American singer, is still punchy, crazy and excessive. Shirtless, he twists his face with incredible facial expressions, utters cries, sways, gesticulating constantly, runs from one end to another plateau, rolling on the ground, jumped from the stage to touch the hands of the public delirious, invites some of the spectators to come and dance on stage …
The songs he sings? Those of the mythical album Raw Power and No Fun. When he sings the opening bars of “I Want to Be Your Dog” (I want to be your dog), almost on all fours on stage, the microphone between his teeth like a bone, it’s madness in the room.
Raw Power Podcast Series Launches
4-part podcast series about Iggy and The Stooges Raw Power is now live at http://podcasts.legacyrecordings.com/iggy with new episodes every Tuesday in April.
Welcome to iggyandthestoogesmusic.com
Welcome to the NEW Iggy and The Stooges music website.
Iggy Pop T-shirts
A select number of Iggy Pop t-shirts have been made available for fans.
Raw Power Interviews
This Raw Power video includes shorts from Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins, Johnny Marr, James Williamson, Chrissie Hynde, and Clem Burke.
Pre-Order Raw Power Deluxe Edition
The Raw Power (Deluxe Edition) by Iggy And The Stooges becomes available on APRIL 27th.
One of the most influential albums of all time, this project was overseen by Iggy himself and includes:
· The long out-of-print original David Bowie mix of the album, newly-remastered for maximum impact!
· “Georgia Peaches,” an 8-song, one-hour performance at Atlanta’s notorious rock club Richards in October 1973
· A full disc of Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates from the Raw Power Era.
· 48 page softcover book with essays by Henry Rollins, Brian J. Bowe and Kris Needs + testimonials by Tom Morello, Lou Reed, Cheetah Chrome, Jim Reid, Perry Farrell, Hugo Burnham and more.
· A TON of previously unseen Raw Power-era shots.
· 5 exquisite 5×7-inch prints, suitable for framing.
· Japanese pic-sleeve 45 single repro: “Raw Power b/w “Search And Destroy”
· The “Making of Raw Power” documentary by Morgan Neville featuring NEW interviews with Iggy Pop, James Williamson, Scott Asheton, Mike Watt, Johnny Marr, and Henry Rollins; plus live performance footage of James Williamson’s first reunion gig with Iggy and the Stooges – after 35 years! – shot at Festival Planeta Terra, S‹o Paulo, Brazil, November 2009.
Iggy and The Stooges On Tour
James Williamson has returned to Iggy and The Stooges and the band is now on tour throughout Europe. Visit Iggy and The Stooges tour info for dates and locations.