- Iggy And The Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ Hits More Theaters – November 4, 2016
- Watch Iggy Pop & Jim Jarmusch TimesTalks Interview – November 3, 2016
- Iggy Pop & Jim Jarmusch Talk Gimme Danger – VICE – November 3, 2016
- Iggy Pop & Jim Jarmusch On ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary – Rolling Stone – October 17, 2016
- Watch: Iggy And The Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary Trailer – September 29, 2016
- TimesTalks: See Iggy Pop & Jim Jarmusch October 27 – September 28, 2016
- Iggy And The Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ In Theaters October 28 – September 20, 2016
- Watch Scene From New Iggy And The Stooges Documentary ‘Gimme Danger’ – September 13, 2016
- Iggy And The Stooges Documentary To Make U.S. Festival Premiere – August 24, 2016
- ‘Gimme Danger’ To Screen At Miami Film Festival GEMS Showcase – August 23, 2016
- ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary To Screen At Toronto & Austin Film Festivals – August 11, 2016
- Tune In: ‘Gimme Danger’ Press Conference At Cannes – May 19, 2016
- Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary To Premiere In Sydney, Deals Set For 8 Countries – May 16, 2016
- Iggy And The Stooges ‘Gimme Danger’ Documentary To Premiere In Cannes – April 15, 2016
- SF Weekly Publishes More From Its Interview With Iggy Pop – December 8, 2011
- Jim Jarmusch Promises Ambitious Stooges Doc – September 9, 2010
Gimme Danger, the new Iggy and the Stooges documentary by director Jim Jarmusch, hits more theaters TODAY, November 4: bit.ly/GDTix_FB. Iggy Pop and Jarmusch spoke recently with Billboard about the film:
Iggy, you asked Jim to make this film. Why him?
Jim Jarmusch: That’s what I keep asking him!
Iggy Pop: If I could get him to do it, he was going to bring out important and beautiful things about us that we in the group wouldn’t have ever thought of — we have the wrong perspective. We needed someone with intelligence and skill who also knew the group and came to the shows — that’s who Jim is. He’s a final-cut director, he controls his own work, and that’s now really rare. My tactic was ask him once, not try to convince him. I wasn’t going to write an email with “10 reasons why.” (Laughs.)
Read more at Billboard.
In the new documentary film Gimme Danger, director Jim Jarmusch chronicles the story of one of the greatest rock–n–roll bands of all time — The Stooges. Watch the award–winning indie director and rock icon Iggy Pop talk about the film, and discover the story of The Stooges, their adventures and misadventures and their long–lasting legacy. Interviewed by The New York Times culture reporter Melena Ryzik.
Music is everything. Gimme Danger hits more theaters this Friday. Get tickets now: bit.ly/GDTix_FB
Jim Jarmusch’s The Stooges documentary Gimme Danger, which opens in theaters nationwide on Friday (Nov. 4), isn’t just about Iggy Pop. The Ohio-born indie auteur — a musician himself who first heard the Stooges as a teenager when the band released its 1969 eponymous debut — gives equal due to all the original members: Late brothers Ron (guitar; d. 2009) and Scott Asheton (drums; d. 2014) and Dave Alexander (bass; d. 1975) get equal billing, along with integral member James Williamson (guitar).
Read Jarmusch’s interview at Billboard.
Photo: Byron Newman/Amazon Studios/Magnolia Pictures
Happy Birthday, James!
NEW YORK CITY AND DETROIT! Gimme Danger is now playing, more cities next week. Get tickets: bit.ly/GDTix_FB
Real Cool Time. Jim Jarmusch’s doc Gimme Danger is in select theaters October 28.
As if you needed another reason to see Jim Jarmusch’s Iggy and the Stooges doc Gimme Danger, in select theaters October 28.
To celebrate the publication of TOTAL CHAOS: The Story of The Stooges / As Told by Iggy Pop, Third Man Books will present the legendary Iggy Pop in conversation with author Jeff Gold. They will appear in Detroit on October 25 at Third Man Records Cass Corridor, and on November 4 in New York City at Rizzoli Bookstore. These events will be open to the public with admittance first come, first serve.
Third Man Records
441 West Canfield Street
1133 Broadway at 26th Street
New York City
TOTAL CHAOS: The Story of The Stooges / As Told by Iggy Pop is the first time the story of this seminal band has been told entirely in Pop’s own words and features a cache of never before seen images. The book will be available from Third Man Books in November 2016.
Read more at Third Man.
- See Rare Photos From ‘TOTAL CHAOS: The Story of the Stooges’ – Rolling Stone – October 13, 2016
- ‘TOTAL CHAOS: The Story of The Stooges’ Release Date Set For Nov. 17 – August 22, 2016
- TOTAL CHAOS: The Story of The Stooges / As Told By Iggy Pop Coming Winter 2016 – April 26, 2016
Let’s hear it for Scott Asheton on the drums. Gimme Danger hits select theaters October 28.